||No Training Sessions today|
Halloween Meet 2020 - Cancelled
Posted by Sally on 31 July
It is with regret that the committee have made the decision to cancel this year's gala.
After a lot of consideration, and the current restrictions due to Covid-19, we do not see how it would be possible to keep to the social distancing measures and run the gala to the same level as previous years. As of yet Swim England have not issued any regulations regarding competing or reinstated the licences.
We believe this decision is the best for everyone concerned.
Thank you for your continued support and we will let you know any information regarding returning to training/competing when we have it.
Important Information from Epworth Pool
Posted by Sally on 09 July
Please see below information from Epworth Pool following tonight's Government announcement.
We are aware of the announcement from the government that swimming pools can re open on 25th July.
At this moment the current restrictions mean that we are not in a position to re open on this date.
We need to ensure that not only our staff and customers are safe, we also need to ensure the long term future of Epworth Swimming Pool.
Running the pool at reduced capacity is not financially viable, and would put a huge strain on our community facility.
We are working with other pool operators, and will be monitoring any pools that do re open.
We will continue to review our position once the government issues its full guidance document.
We understand that this may be frustrating but we need to minimise the financial impact this will have on our pool.
We as a committee support the pool in their decisions and are working closely with them to ensure we have a pool to come back to and that it is done safely.
Return to the Pool Guidance Released 15th June
Posted by lisa on 18 June
After a meeting with the Manager and staff at Epworth Pool, a survey which we would like each swimmer to complete and return, (please ensure their name is on it) has been emailed out.
As yet there is no guidance from the Government as to when pools will be able to open or how. Rob Jenkins has things set in place ready to open but this will only happen when he feels it is safe and viable to do so.
As a club we need to ensure all measures are in place as set out by Swim England and that we have everyone's best interests in mind. Training may not resume as soon as the pool opens but everyone is doing their best.
To make it clear as are many things at the moment, training will not be like it used to be and we will issue guidance nearer the time as regard to expectations and rules,it is likely to begin with swimmers will be allocated a time and a lane and they will have to stick to that for an allotted period. The squad system for the time being will not be used to allow siblings to swim at the same time.
Parents will not be allowed in the building/viewing area unless volunteering.There will be no swapping and changing due to tracking purposes.
We understand things are vague at the moment and that the swimmers want to be back in the water, but until we feel it can be done safely we have to wait.
To give a bit of notice we will need parents help at training sessions to ensure the safety of our children, there is a section at the end of the survey to fill in if you are willing to help, this will also determine how many sessions etc we are able to run when we can.
Thank you for your patience and support during this time, the full guidance from Swim England is available to read on their website.
We do need your responses to gauge the timetable upon return, if we don't receive anything your swimmer may not be allocated a slot.
If you have not received an email please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Name of swimmer:-
1. Will you be returning to South Axolme Sharks once Epworth Swimming pool re-opens?
Yes, as soon as the club sessions restart
Yes, but not immediately
No, I will not be returning
Please comment below to provide more detail to the above question. For example, please explain when you may return if not returning immediately.
2. For those planning to return to the club, will you be returning in the same capacity? (please note not all sessions will be available immediately and things are subject to change)
I want to return with the same commitment
I want to change my level of commitment
3. If you plan to change your level of commitment. Please use the comment box below to give more information. For example you may want to increase or decrease the amount you swim, or stop competing
4. Do you have any fears or concerns about returning to the club?
If you answered yes to the question above, please give more detail below, including what we, as a club can do to calm those fears.
5. What are you most looking forward to, in terms of returning to the water?
6. To support the club over the next few months, would your parents/ guardian be willing and able to volunteer some of their time? This will be necessary to conform with the COVID-19 legislation provided by Swim England to ensure a return to the water is safe for everyone.
If yes please leave name and contact details below.
Scunthorpe Anchor Remembrance Day Meet
Posted by lisa on 09 June
The next meet on our calendar after the Halloween Meet is the Scunthorpe Anchor Remembrance Meet. You may remember that last year Sharks took the top club trophy home from this meet, and it would be great to do a double.
Obviously this depends on the meet going ahead.
If you would like to enter, please email: email@example.com with the following information;
Age on Day
Swim England Number
Spectator tickets required (1 per swimmer/session)
We will not require payment until confirmation that the meet will go ahead.
Closing date for this meet is 20th June.
General information about the Gala:
Sunday 15th November 2020
The Pods Leisure Centre, Scunthorpe
50m all strokes - 9 to 15yrs and over
100IM 9 to 12yrs, 200IM 13yrs and over.
9yrs - Medals 1st - 6th
10 to 15yrs and over – Medals 1st - 3rd
Top Visiting Club Trophy
Age as at 15th November 2020
Entries Open 1st April 2020
Closing date 13th September 2020 or when meet is FULL
£5.50 entry fee per event.
For further information please email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Can we do it again?
Posted by lisa on 03 June
South Axholme Sharks own Halloween Meet is due to take place on Sunday the 25th October 2020. As we are in uncertain times the Committee have decided that we are planning for the event to go ahead, up until we hear any different from Swim England or Beverly Leisure Complex.
All Club Members have been emailed a entry form if you could return it via email asap, as entries open to all clubs on the 13th June 2020.
Last year South Axholme Sharks had the biggest number of swimmers for many years and along with the mountain of medals, improvements in swimmers times, we were also Top Club at the meet. Something that we are very proud of, but we would like to do it again.
Who can take part?
Any swimmer from the club, age 9yrs or above on the day of the meet, you choose the events that you enter, the entry form tells you which session you would be in and further information can be found on the website.
Click on the Halloween Meet logo, or the tab on the left-hand side, both take you to a dedicated page which has all the information you need.
If you have any questions about the gala, or need advice on what to enter from the coaches please contact the club - email@example.com
and someone will answer your questions asap.
Thank you for your continued support.
Return To Swimming
Posted by lisa on 01 June
A little bit of news from the club regarding the return to swimming.
We are strictly governed by both Swim England and Epworth Pool on when we can potentially return to swimming, and all I can tell you at the moment is that we don’t have a date as yet, however we are working hard behind the scenes to make sure we come up with a way of getting going as soon as we get the green light.
Also for anyone who is really missing their swimming, I know I am, open water may be returning this week in a very socially distanced fashion and if anyone would like to give it a try then please drop me an email, so that I can get an indication of interest.
Stuart - Head Coach
Viking Sprints rescheduled
Posted by lisa on 29 May
It will come as no surpise that Team Jorvik Viking Sprints will not be going ahead on June 20th this year, they are hoping to reschedule to September 27th 2020, subject to galas being allowed to go ahead.
All existing entries have been carried forward to the new date, but do need confirming.
If this is not convenient for you, you may withdraw your child(ren) and all entry fees refunded.
All Sharks who have entered, have been contacted by the Open Meets Secretary, but you need to confirm whether you wish to keep your entry or withdraw.
If we have not had confirmation by 6th June then your swimmers will be withdrawn from the meet as we need to update the entries on this date.
All refunds will be issued once training commences.
Thank you for your continued support.
Stay safe everyone.
New Earswick summer sizzler
Posted by lisa on 19 May
Due to the current situation, New Earswick have not released the entry file for us to submit our entries, to their Gala on the 4th July 2020.
All refunds for entries will be returned once we are able to resume training at the pool.
We will let you know any further updates on other meets when we have the details.
Posted by lisa on 16 May
As anticipated we have had notification that:
Doncaster Dartes B Grade Gala due to take place on Sunday the 2nd June 2020 and
BoBSC Summer Sizzler due to take place on Sunday the 12th July 2020 have been cancelled.
Also Jorvik Sprints due to take place on 20th June.
Further information will be issued as we receive it.
Posted by lisa on 13 May
We have had no information regarding returning to training from Swim England and Epworth pool has no update about re-opening.
Once the pool does re-open, we as a club will have to work with the pool, to ensure all safety precautions are taken and no-one is put at any risk.
South Axholme Sharks are cancelling Club Champs 2 to be held in June.
Regarding forthcoming gala's, Swim England have put a hold on all Licenses for the present time so no gala's can take place, once training resumes, as a club, we will look into when competing is advisable along with the hold on licences being lifted.
Up coming galas for Sharks swimmers:
Dartes B Grade - no update
Jorvik Viking Sprints - no update
New Earswick - no entry file provided to put entries in
Borough of Barnsley - no update
Thank you for your co-operation and we will keep you informed.
Load More News